Filing Your Taxes Online is Fast, Easy and Secure.
Start now and receive your tax refund in as little as 7 days.

1. Get Answers

Your online questions are customized to your unique tax situation.

2. Maximize your Refund

Find tax credits for everything from school tuition to buying a hybri

3. E-File for FREE

E-file free with direct deposit to get your refund in as few as 7 days.

Filing your taxes with paper mail can be difficult and it could take weeks for your refund to arrive. IRS e-file is easy, fast and secure. There is no paperwork going to the IRS so tax refunds can be processed in as little as 7 days with direct deposit. As you prepare your taxes online, you can see your tax refund in real time.

FREE audit support and representation from an enrolled agent – NEW and only from H&R Block

I Did Not File 2011 Taxes

H And R Block Free EditionFile A 1040x OnlineState Income Tax EfileFile Taxes 20121040ez FreeHow Do You Amend A Tax Return2011 Tax Returns2012 Free Taxes OnlineFile Amended Tax ReturnCan I Amend My 2008 Tax Return1040ez Tax Form1040ez 2011 File OnlineForm 1040x InstructionsFree Online Tax PreparationExample Of 1040x Amended Tax Returns For 2013Irs E File ExtensionFiling State Taxes Free OnlineTax Planning Us 1040x1040ez 2010 Form PrintableGov Forms 1040Irs Forms 1040xIrs Gov Forms1040a2010 Federal Tax FormsIrs Tax Form 1120 For 2012How To Fill Out A 1040x Tax Amendment Form1040nrFreetaxusa 20121040x Filing InstructionsCan I Still E File My 2012 TaxesFile 2007 TaxesH 7 R Block Free FileI Still Need To File My 2012 TaxesFederal Tax Form 1040xFree Tax FilingState Tax Filing Online For FreeFree State ReturnsAmend My ReturnAmended Federal Tax ReturnAmend Tax Return Online Free

I Did Not File 2011 Taxes

I did not file 2011 taxes Publication 597 - Introductory Material Table of Contents Introduction Introduction This publication provides information on the income tax treaty between the United States and Canada. I did not file 2011 taxes It discusses a number of treaty provisions that often apply to U. I did not file 2011 taxes S. I did not file 2011 taxes citizens or residents who may be liable for Canadian tax. I did not file 2011 taxes Treaty provisions are generally reciprocal (the same rules apply to both treaty countries). I did not file 2011 taxes Therefore, a Canadian resident who receives income from the United States may refer to this publication to see if a treaty provision may affect the tax to be paid to the United States. I did not file 2011 taxes This publication does not deal with Canadian income tax laws; nor does it provide Canada's interpretation of treaty articles, definitions, or specific terms not defined in the treaty itself. I did not file 2011 taxes The United States—Canada income tax treaty was signed on September 26, 1980. I did not file 2011 taxes It has been amended by five protocols, the most recent of which generally became effective January 1, 2009. I did not file 2011 taxes In this publication, the term “article” refers to the particular article of the treaty, as amended. I did not file 2011 taxes Prev  Up  Next   Home   More Online Publications

Topic 305 - Recordkeeping

Well-organized records make it easier to prepare a tax return and help provide answers if your return is selected for examination, or to prepare a response if you receive an IRS notice.

Records such as receipts, canceled checks, and other documents that support an item of income or a deduction, or a credit appearing on a return must be kept so long as they may become material in the administration of any internal revenue law, which generally will be until the period of limitation expires for that return. For assessment of tax you owe, this generally is 3 years from the date you filed the return. Returns filed before the due date are treated as filed on the due date.

There is no period of limitations to assess tax when a return is fraudulent or when no return is filed. If income that you should have reported is not reported, and it is more than 25% of the gross income shown on the return, the time to assess is 6 years from when the return is filed. For filing a claim for credit or refund, the period to make the claim generally is 3 years from the date the original return was filed (or the due date for filing the return if the return was filed before that date), or 2 years from the date the tax was paid, whichever is later. For filing a claim for an overpayment resulting from a bad debt deduction or a loss from worthless securities the time to make the claim is 7 years from when the return was due.

If you have employees, you must keep all your employment tax records for at least 4 years after the tax becomes due or is paid, whichever is later. For more information, see Publication 15, (Circular E), Employer's Tax Guide.

If you are in business, there is no particular method of bookkeeping you must use. However, you must use a method that clearly and accurately reflects your gross income and expenses. The records should substantiate both your income and expenses. Publication 583, Starting a Business and Keeping Records, and Publication 463, Travel, Entertainment, Gift, and Car Expenses, provide additional information on required documentation for taxpayers with business expenses. Publication 17, Your Federal Income Tax for Individuals, provides more information on recordkeeping requirements for individuals.

Page Last Reviewed or Updated: January 22, 2014

The I Did Not File 2011 Taxes

I did not file 2011 taxes Publication 225 - Additional Material Prev  Up  Next   Home   More Online Publications