Filing Your Taxes Online is Fast, Easy and Secure.
Start now and receive your tax refund in as little as 7 days.

1. Get Answers

Your online questions are customized to your unique tax situation.

2. Maximize your Refund

Find tax credits for everything from school tuition to buying a hybri

3. E-File for FREE

E-file free with direct deposit to get your refund in as few as 7 days.

Filing your taxes with paper mail can be difficult and it could take weeks for your refund to arrive. IRS e-file is easy, fast and secure. There is no paperwork going to the IRS so tax refunds can be processed in as little as 7 days with direct deposit. As you prepare your taxes online, you can see your tax refund in real time.

FREE audit support and representation from an enrolled agent – NEW and only from H&R Block

Federal Tax Extension Form

Hr BlockHow To File Taxes For 2009Is It Too Late To File 2012 Tax ReturnWhere Can I File My State And Federal Taxes Online For Free2012 Tax AmendmentTax Amendment Form2011 Tax Forms 1040ez1040ez Form For 2011Free Tax Filing For State And FederalHr Block Tax ReturnsState Of Illinois Tax Filing OnlineIrs Ez FormFile Taxes For 2010Efile State Tax ReturnIrs 1040ez2011 Federal Tax Form 1040ezTurbotax Military Discount 2012Free Federal Tax PreparationFree 1040ez FilingIrs Form 1040ez InstructionsFreefilefillableformsH&r Block Free File ReviewHow Can I File My 2011 Tax Return1040nr Ez 20122011 Tax Form 1040ezH&r Block At HomeWww H&r Block040ezFree State Return OnlyHow To Fill Out Form 1040xFederal Ez Tax Form 2012State Tax FileTax Forms 1040State Tax ReturnsFree Printable Tax Forms2011 Form 1040Amending 2010 TaxesFederal Income Tax 1040ezTaxslayer LoginTax Form For College Students

Federal Tax Extension Form

Federal tax extension form Publication 556 - Additional Material Prev  Up  Next   Home   More Online Publications
Print - Click this link to Print this page

Understanding Your CP2566R Notice

We previously sent you a CP63 notice informing you we are holding your refund until we receive one or more unfiled tax returns. Because we received no reply to our previous notice, we have calculated your tax, penalty and interest based on wages and other income reported to us by employers, financial institutions and others.

What you need to do

  • File your tax return immediately, or
  • Accept our proposed assessment by signing and returning the Response form, or
  • Call us if you think you don't have to file.

You may want to…

Answers to Common Questions

What should I do if I disagree with the notice?

Call us at the toll free number listed on the top right corner of your notice. Please have your paperwork ready when you call. If you prefer, you can write to us using the notice's response form and return address listed.

Where do I send my return?

Attach the Response form and send the return to the address listed on the notice.

What should I do if I've just filed my tax return?

You don't have to do anything if you filed your tax return(s) within the last eight weeks.

What should I do if I didn't file my tax return or it's been more than eight weeks since I filed it?

Complete the Response form from your notice. Check the name, Social Security number (or Taxpayer Identification Number), and tax year on your notice. Make sure they match the name, number, and year on the return. Mail us a copy of the tax return. Sign the return and date it; if filing a joint return your spouse must also sign the return. Send the return with the Response form to the address listed on the notice.

What happens if I can't pay the full amount I owe when I file my return?

You can make a payment plan with us. If you owe tax on any return(s) you file, we will use your refund to help pay it.

Tips for next year

File your return on time.

Consider filing your taxes electronically. Filing online can help you avoid mistakes and find credits and deductions that you may qualify for. In many cases you can file for free. Learn more about e-file.

Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 28-Feb-2014

How to get help

  • Call the 1-800 number listed on the top right corner of your notice.
  • Authorize someone (e.g., accountant) to contact the IRS on your behalf using Form 2848.
  • See if you qualify for help from a Low Income Taxpayer Clinic.

The Federal Tax Extension Form

Federal tax extension form Publication 551 - Additional Material Prev  Up  Next   Home   More Online Publications