Filing Your Taxes Online is Fast, Easy and Secure.
Start now and receive your tax refund in as little as 7 days.

1. Get Answers

Your online questions are customized to your unique tax situation.

2. Maximize your Refund

Find tax credits for everything from school tuition to buying a hybri

3. E-File for FREE

E-file free with direct deposit to get your refund in as few as 7 days.

Filing your taxes with paper mail can be difficult and it could take weeks for your refund to arrive. IRS e-file is easy, fast and secure. There is no paperwork going to the IRS so tax refunds can be processed in as little as 7 days with direct deposit. As you prepare your taxes online, you can see your tax refund in real time.

FREE audit support and representation from an enrolled agent – NEW and only from H&R Block

2011 Federal Tax Filing

File 10402012 Tax Forms 1040ezAmending 2012 Federal Tax ReturnBack Tax HomeHow Do I File My 2011 Taxes NowHow To Refile TaxesHow Do I File 2011 TaxesSample 1040ezFree Federal 1040ez EfileFree Filing State TaxesCan I Still File My 2012 Taxes Online1040ez InstuctionsVolunteer Income Tax AssistanceAmended Return 1040xH&r Block CouponsAmended Tax OnlineHow To Amend A Tax Return Using TurbotaxTax Rates And TablesBerkheimer Online Tax Filing1040ez Irs Form2011 Tax Forms 1040ezTurbotax 20111040 Ez State Tax FormTurbo TaxIrs Forms Instructions 1040ezFiling 2011 TaxesCan I Amend My Tax Return OnlineFree Federal And State Tax Filing 2012Ez Tax Form 2011Income Tax Amendment FormCan You File Back Taxes Turbotax2011 Tax 1040 Ez1040ez EfileHow To Amend 2012 Tax Return1040x Amendment FormBlock At HomeHr Block Free MilitaryAmend My Taxes1040x CalculatorFiling 1040 Online

2011 Federal Tax Filing

2011 federal tax filing Publication 4681 - Additional Material Prev  Up  Next   Home   More Online Publications
Print - Click this link to Print this page

Understanding your CP21C Notice

We made the change(s) you requested to your tax return for the tax year specified on the notice. You're not due a refund nor do you owe any additional amount. Your account balance for this tax form and tax year is zero.

Tax publications you may find useful

How to get help

Calling the toll free number listed on the top right corner of your notice is the fastest way to get your questions answered.

You can also authorize someone (such as an accountant) to contact the IRS on your behalf using this Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative (Form 2848).

Or you may qualify for help from a Low Income Taxpayer Clinic.

What you need to do

  • Read your notice carefully ― it shows the area(s) of your tax return that changed, e.g., Schedule A.
  • If you agree with the notice, you don't need to do anything.
  • If you disagree with the notice, please contact us at the toll-free number listed on the top right corner of the notice.
  • Correct the copy of your tax return that you kept for your records.

Answers to Common Questions

The notice says "Based on the information you provided, we changed your 200X Form 1040 to correct your...". I don't remember sending any change to IRS. How can I find out what IRS received to initiate this change?
Please contact us at the number listed on your notice for specific information about your tax return.

What if I need to make another correction to my account?
You'll need to file Form 1040X, Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return.

What if I've tried to get answers and after contacting IRS several times have not been successful?
Call Taxpayer Advocate at 1-877-777-4778 or for TTY/TDD 1-800-829-4059.

What if I think I’m a victim of identity theft?
Please contact us at the number listed on the top right corner of your notice. Refer to the IRS Identity Theft resource page for more information.

Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 26-Feb-2014

The 2011 Federal Tax Filing

2011 federal tax filing Publication 555 - Additional Material Prev  Up  Next   Home   More Online Publications