Filing Your Taxes Online is Fast, Easy and Secure.
Start now and receive your tax refund in as little as 7 days.

1. Get Answers

Your online questions are customized to your unique tax situation.

2. Maximize your Refund

Find tax credits for everything from school tuition to buying a hybri

3. E-File for FREE

E-file free with direct deposit to get your refund in as few as 7 days.

Filing your taxes with paper mail can be difficult and it could take weeks for your refund to arrive. IRS e-file is easy, fast and secure. There is no paperwork going to the IRS so tax refunds can be processed in as little as 7 days with direct deposit. As you prepare your taxes online, you can see your tax refund in real time.

FREE audit support and representation from an enrolled agent – NEW and only from H&R Block

2010 Federal Tax Forms

1040ez Tax TableTax Software 2011Free E-file 2012Federal Tax Amendment FormFederal Tax Income ReturnFiling Amended Tax Return 20112012 Federal Tax Return FormsUs Government Form 1040xE File State ReturnTurbo Tax 2011 Download2014 1040 Ez Tax FormHow Can I File My 2007 Taxes For FreeBeware Amending Tax ReturnsFile 1040 Ez Online1040 Nr Form1040ez Form For 2013Taxes For 2011Military Onesource Free Turbo TaxIrs Tax Form 1040ez1040ez 2014 FormMontana State Tax Form 20111040ez Booklet2013 1040 Ez FormHow To Refile A Tax ReturnStudents Filing TaxesComplete Tax Free FileTax Act Amended ReturnOhio 1040ez InstructionsTax Forms For 2012Filing 1040ez FormIrs AmendmentCan I Amend My 2007 Tax ReturnIrs For 1040xTax Questions For StudentsI Need To Amend My 2010 TaxesE File 2012Taxes For Self EmployedForm 1040x 2013Ez1040Where Can I Do My State Taxes Online For Free

2010 Federal Tax Forms

2010 federal tax forms Publication 939 - Additional Material Prev  Up  Next   Home   More Online Publications
Print - Click this link to Print this page

Understanding your CP13A Notice

We made changes to your return because we found an error involving your Earned Income Credit. You're not due a refund nor do you owe an additional amount because of our changes. Your account balance is zero.

Printable samples of this notice (PDF)

Tax publications you may find useful

How to get help

Calling the 1-800 number listed on the top right corner of your notice is the fastest way to get your questions answered.

You can also authorize someone (such as an accountant) to contact the IRS on your behalf using this Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative (Form 2848).

Or you may qualify for help from a Low Income Taxpayer Clinic.

What you need to do

  • Review the notice and compare our changes to the information on your tax return.
  • Correct the copy of your tax return that you kept for your records.
  • You don't need to do anything if you agree with the notice.
  • If you disagree with the notice, please contact us at the toll-free number listed on its top right corner (within 60 days of its date).

You may want to...

Answers to Common Questions

What should I do if I disagree with the changes you made?
Contact us at the toll free number listed on the top right corner of your notice if you disagree with the changes we made.

What should I do if I need to make another correction to my tax return?
You'll need to file an amended return to make a correction.

What's the difference between the "Child Tax Credit" and the "Additional Child Tax Credit?" Can I qualify for both?
The Child Tax Credit is for people who have a qualifying child. The maximum amount you can claim is $1000 for each qualifying child. The Additional Child Tax Credit is for individuals who receive less than the full amount of Child Tax Credit. You may qualify for both the Child Tax Credit and the Additional Child Tax Credit.

How do I claim an Additional Child Tax Credit?
You can claim the credit by completing a Form 1040 Schedule 8812, Child Tax Credit and attaching it to your income tax return.

My child is turning 18 this year. Can I still get the Additional Child Tax Credit?
No. Your child must be under the age of 17 at the end of 2009 to qualify for both the Child Tax Credit and the Additional Child Tax Credit.

Tips for next year

Consider filing your taxes electronically. Filing online can help you avoid mistakes and find credits and deductions that you may qualify for. In many cases you can file for free. Learn more about e-file.

If you have any dependent children, remember to claim the Additional Child Tax Credit the next time you file your income tax return. Complete and attach a Form 1040 Schedule 8812, Child Tax Credit to your return to claim this credit.

Use the EITC Assistant to help you complete your Schedule EIC, Earned Income Credit and claim your Earned Income Credit.

Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 20-Feb-2014

The 2010 Federal Tax Forms

2010 federal tax forms Index A Assistance (see Tax help) F Free tax services, How To Get Tax Help H Help (see Tax help) P Publications (see Tax help) T Tax help, How To Get Tax Help TTY/TDD information, How To Get Tax Help Prev  Up     Home   More Online Publications